Helps operators manage their business more efficiently
Mass Management Accreditation allows this as a result of the clear procedures in place that ensure vehicles are not overloaded, and so there can also be a reduced risk of penalties arising from mass offences. It will also lead to greater road safety.
Mass Management benefits
These can include:
- improvements in productivity and efficiency
- correct loading of vehicles the first time with consequent savings
- increased vehicle life and lower maintenance cost
- meeting duty of care responsibilities
- improved driver morale
- better relationships with enforcement agencies
- reduced impact of enforcement
To the community
Know your truck’s weight
Record loaded weight
Prove loaded weight
It is up to you to decide how you are going to prove your vehicles’ weight when they are loaded.
You could use a weighbridge, on-board scales, estimate the weight from the volume of the load, or a combination of methods.
The important thing is that you write down the method you use and explain how it works. This will be your Mass Management System.
To stay accredited you need to have documents which prove your method works and your trucks are not overloaded. In part, this means keeping your records of vehicle weights. You must also be able to prove you always follow your written procedures.
How we can help
here at JMH
JMH Training & Compliance has the experience to guide you through the implementation and accreditation process of all NHVAS Schemes.
JMH will provide
- a comprehensive Policy & Procedures Manual,
- induction training for all persons that will operate under or administer the documentation and Internal Review process and
- assist with the smooth transition into the Accreditation Scheme/s.
In addition to this we will provide on-going support for the accreditation administration staff when required to conduct Internal Reviews or Quarterly Compliance Review process.